Multi-axis precision machining
Mountainside Medical uses state-of-the-art, bar-fed machining centers for efficient mill-turn manufacturing, eliminating the need to transfer complex parts between machines. These machines are calibrated within 80 microns.
- Bar-fed machining: maximum material and resource utilization at a very competitive pricing
- Tight tolerances
- Turntable pallets: reduce cycle time resulting in lower cost parts
- Milling machines: Espirit software, complete process simulations and better control over the entire manufacturing process
Precision Wire EDM
Our multi-axis, wire EDM machines are capable of accommodating wire sizes down to 0.006″. Their steel cutting rates of up to 37 square inches per hour are the fastest in the world. We also have “turn while burn” technology, allowing for continuous non-linear machining. Moreover, our precision pallet system allows us to move parts between machines and hold true position within 0.00008″.
Citizen L20 machines use 10 live spindles capable of processing bar stock as well as precision tubing for laparoscopic components. These Swiss-type lathes can mill, thread, cross-hole, broach, and bore material to 0.0002″ tolerances. We minimize variation with precise material-batching protocols. This process, combined with our real-time Statistical Process Control (SPC), creates tight tolerances and world-class process capabilities.
- CNC machining: 3-, 4- and 5-axis
Laser Welding & Marking
With our multi-fiber Pulsed Nd:YAG lasers, we can produce high-precision integral assemblies. Our fine laser welding, coupled with precise fixturing, allows us to assemble and bond critical medical components, quickly and robustly.
Mountainside Medical also has the latest fiber-laser marking technology for a variety of metals and plastics. We use multi-axis motion to mark graduated rings on tubing and surgical instruments.
- Seamless welding with state-of-the-art laser technology
- Marking of graduated rings
Finishing & Cleaning
Our robotic-controlled, high-powered Sweep ultrasonic cleaning and passivation system thoroughly and uniformly cleans all high-precision and complex-shaped parts.
- High capacity system
- Passivate to ASTM A-967 Citric 2 and 4 standards
- State-of-the-art pin deburring for intricate features, internal and external finishing
- Micro- and bead-blasting capabilities
- High-energy tumbling
- Hand deburring and polishing stations available for precise demands
We have pneumatic and toggle presses for stamping and forming precision metal products.
Insert Molding for Plastic
Our state-of-the-art Vertical Injection Molding machinery, which uses rotary tables, delivers very precise over-molded pieces for devices with plastic components.